Nano-structured carbonated hydroxyapatite powder is produced in body simulator system and provide the ability of formation of high contact area with the target tissue. Hydroxyapatite (HA) with the chemical formula of Ca10(PO4)6(OH)2 is widely used in medical fields such as treatment of bone defects and bone tissue regeneration due to its biocompatible and bioactive nature. Biological apatite as the inorganic part of bone and teeth tissue, has a nanometric structure. Therefore, the high performance of nanostructured hydroxyapatite with phase composition similar to that of biological apatite is ensured.
Non-medical applications of hydroxyapatite:
2. Ion removal from industrial wastewaters
3. Column chromatography
4. Gas sensors
Medical applications of hydroxyapatite:
1. Orthopedic (bone cement and bone tissue engineering)
2. Coating of implants
3. Dentistry (dental restorative materials, materials used in jaw and mouth implants)
4. Drug delivery systems
- Better osteogenesis due to the presence of carbonate in hydroxyapatite structure
- Having nanostructured surfaces providing the possibility of large contact area between bone tissue and powder surface
- Consisting of hydroxyapatite sheets with thickness of less than 30 nm on the surface of the powder
Hydroxyapatite sheets smaller than 30 nm in thickness are formed on the surface of powder. These nanostructured surfaces provide large contact area between bone tissues and powder surface.
Store product in dry, well-ventilated area.
- Use protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes
- Avoid breathing the dust
Standard Date : 2018/05/05
Expire Date : 2019/05/04