Separation of bitumen and asphalt materials (called stripping) is one of the major problems in road construction industry. The reason for this phenomenon is weak adhesion between bitumen and materials in a way that traffic and rain will gradually destroy asphalt and cause stripping. Zycotherm prevents stripping through creation of chemical bonds and improving adhesion of bitumen to asphalt materials so that the asphalt becomes much more durable and it will be more sustainable in different weather conditions.
This product is for use in road construction and asphalt production as an anti-stripping agent
- Phase: Liquid
- Color: pale yellow
- material: Organo-silane groups
Zycotherm modifies asphalt materials for more tendency to bitumen and creates chemical bonds between bitumen and materials while these bonds are physical form in conventional asphalt. This also causes better coverage of materials by bitumen, resulting in more durability of asphalt.
Marshall test was performed according to ASTM D3625 for evaluation of stripping and asphalt sustainability. The asphalt modified by Zycotherm showed great improve with respect to results mentioned in the following table:
|Remaining bitumen after test (%)||Sample|
|60||Asphalt sample without ZycoTherm|
|95||Asphalt sample containing 0.1% ZycoTherm|
- According to aggregate characteristics, Zycotherm can be used 0.03 to 0.1 percent by weight of the bitumen. Zycotherm and bitumen mixing should be done before production of asphalt. This can be done at the source or at HMA plant storage tank.
- Store between 5 – 45 Celsius degrees
- Keep in dry place and avoid high temperature, direct sunlight or rain
- Close the lid tightly after each use
- Maximum storage time is 48 months
This product is provided in 20 liters tanks.
Standard Date : 2018/07/02
Expire Date : 2019/07/01