Pregnancy Rapid Detection KitPregnancy Rapid Detection Kit Based on Immunochromatography Containing Nanoparticles
Today, immuno-chromatography methods are being extensively used for rapid detection and control of many agents. Lateral flow assay is one of the commonly used immunochromatography methods.
The LFA kits are divided into two categories:
- Sandwich assay
- Competitive assay
The present pregnancy rapid detection kit actually works based on the sandwich assay method. HCG hormone is secreted during pregnancy. This hormone has a glycoprotein structure and contains the highest levels of glucose compared to other human hormones. The HCG hormone is composed of two chains: alpha (a) and beta (b) chains. The alpha chain is similar to the LH, FSH and TSH hormones in terms of structure, but the beta chain has a unique structure, that’s why detection of beta chain in urine samples serves as a standard in all pregnancy tests.
In this method, the antibody associated with the alpha chain is applied on the gold nanoparticles. As soon as the sample passes through the gold nanoparticles bound to the antibody, HCG is attached to the antibody via the alpha chain and is consequently immobilized.
An anti-beta antibody is applied on the test strip. As soon as the analyte containing the HCG-conjugated nanoparticles passes through the anti-beta antibody, this antibody binds to the HCG as well and test line appears. This is called a sandwich.
In the next stage, the analyte moves toward the control line. An anti-antibody has already been applied on the control line. A number of nanoparticles bound to the primary antibody approach the control line without binding to the HCG, at this point the anti-antibody is attached to the antibody bound to the gold particles and creates a bright control line. Appearance of a bright control line, irrespective of the changes in the color of the test line, confirms that the test worked properly.
Appearance of a bright test line shows the presence of Hormone HCG that is actually indicative of positive test result.
This product is mainly used for quick detection of pregnancy. HCG is secreted during pregnancy. The test line of the pregnancy test kit appears when exposed to HCG hormone.
It should be noted that the test doesn’t provide definitive results and complementary testing is required for obtaining accurate results.
- Pregnancy rapid detection kit works on the basis of sandwich assay method.
- The kit has a detection limit of 25 IU/L (I.e. it can detect pregnancy 10 days after delaying in menstruation).
- The Test results can be checked quickly (within 3 minutes).
- This type of kit is very sensitive to moisture.
Gold nanoparticles are used in this kit, and the antibody binds to gold nanoparticles in order to detect pregnancy.
- In case only the control line appears, the test is performed correctly and the result of the pregnancy test is negative.
- In case both the control and test lines appear, the test is performed correctly and the result of the pregnancy test is positive.
- In case the control line doesn’t appear, the test is not performed correctly
- Store in the temperature range of 3 to 35 Celsius degrees.
- To make sure about accuracy of the result, wait 3 minutes after applying the sample.
- Keep in a dry place.
- Keep away from direct sunlight.
- refrain from piercing the package.
- The kit is Non-reusable
- Pay attention to the expiry date
- Do not use the product if the package is already open
- Keep away from the reach of children.
- Each package contains one disposable detection kit.
- Each package contains a dehumidifier bag to protect the product against humidity
Standard Date : 2018/03/17
Expire Date : 2019/03/16