- Equipment Manufacturing 44
- Health 43
- household goods 39
- Textile & Loom 29
- Analytical Systems 28
- Civil and Construction 23
- Nanomaterials 16
- Paint and Coating 16
- Energy & Petroleum 15
- Automotive and Transportation 14
- Products based on Nanofiber 13
- Drug and Medical 13
- Nano Composite 6
- Water and Environment 5
- Plasma 4
- Products based on NanoCoating 4
- Agriculture and Food Industry 2
- Imported 1
Zinc oxide is an inorganic compound with the formula ZnO. ZnO is a white powder that is insoluble in water. It occurs naturally as the mineral zincite, but most zinc oxide is produced synthetically. ZnO is a wide-bandgap semiconductor. It has several favorable properties, including good transparency, high electron mobility, wide bandgap, and strong room-temperature luminescence. Zinc oxide crystallizes in two main forms, hexagonal wurtzite and cubic zincblende. The wurtzite structure is most stable at ambient conditions and thus most common. The zincblende form can be stabilized by growing ZnO on substrates with cubic lattice structure. Zinc oxide (ZnO) nanopowders are available as powders and dispersions. These nanoparticles exhibit antibacterial, anti-corrosive, antifungal and UV filtering properties.
Some of the applications of zinc oxide nanoparticles are given below.
- Zinc oxide is used in the manufacture of rubber and cigarettes (used as a filter).
- Popularly known calamine lotion is made out of zinc oxide powder. It is also used in a host of other creams and ointments that are used to treat skin diseases.
- As an additive in the manufacture of concrete.
- Ceramic industry has a number of uses for zinc oxide powder
- It is also used as an additive in food products such as breakfast cereals.
- Various paints use zinc oxide as a coating agent.
- Zinc oxide nanoparticles can enhance the antibacterial activity of ciprofloxacin against Staphylococcus Aureus and Escherichia Coli in vitro.
This product is ZnO nanoparticles with wurtzite phase. It contains spherical-like particles with the size of 20-50 nm. The purity of ZnO is 99.5 %.
ZnO nanoparticles due to the large surface-to-volume area will strongly influence the optical and electronic properties at the semiconductor surfaces and interfaces. The band bending effect will also become more significant. The smaller a nanostructure is, stronger band bending effect it will have.
Keep the container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place.
Avoid handling which leads to dust formation. Avoid inhalation of high concentrations of dust. In inhalation cases, move to fresh air. In ingestion cases, rinse your mouth thoroughly. In skin contact, wash your skin with soap and water. In eye contact make sure to remove any contact lenses from the eyes before rinsing. Rinse your eye with water immediately. Get medical attention if any discomfort continues.
It should be noted that there are limited investigations on safety of nanoproducts because of their new history.
Provisional NanoScale Certification
Standard Date : 2016/05/11
Expire Date : 2017/05/11